Called 2 Be A Teacher

Hello and welcome to my new blog. I am a 4th grade self-contained teacher and am loving every minute of it. I would love to share the resources I create to use in my classroom, as well as the successes and failures. Teaching is a calling and is my passion. I love educating young minds and making learning fun.

A Garden for the Classroom

We pulled weeds, rotated the soil and planted seeds for radishes and zucchini this year. I love teaching my students how to grow your own food. This is also a great science lesson, the cycle of the plants, the parts of the plants and how the plants grow. We had a great time and harvested hundreds of radishes. I have 22 students and every student harvested 3 to 4 radishes each, not to mention, the garden already yielded enough for a few teachers before we harvested. The students loved it, as you can see in the picture. We had a great time. I will be preparing for next years class by buying the appropriate seeds or seedlings for the beginning of the year and we will plant them the first week. I believe this also encourages team building and working together for one common goal.



No comments: